Friday 6 July 2012

Incredible Faces...pt1

I've had the privileged to take pictures of some amazing local faces while here in Nepal and I wanted to take the opportunity to share some of them. As most of my friends know, I'm pretty inseparable from my camera and I particularly love capturing the faces of people who have amazing stories. Most of the images here are of Tibetans who live in the Tibetan Refugee Settlements scattered around Pokhara, Nepal. The elders have all got a story that either involves having fled Tibet after the Chinese invasion in 1959 or who were part of the Mustang Guerrilla army who continued to fight the Chinese until the late 60s. The young generation who are being brought up in the settlements are now struggling with their identity, and most of struggling with the lack of opportunities for them. Ultimately the younger generation are the future of the community and the seed for Tibet to live on. It's the younger generation that I'm going to be working with closely while I'm out here. 
















1 comment:

That gentleman's lady said...

I love the photo of the smiling woman. Most of the people seem to bear the weight of their stories. She is the one that (atleast in these photos) remembered to smile :)